Category Archives: About
The following are the important dates in Mexico:
- February 5th – Constitution Day – It was drawn up during the Mexican Revolution and it redistributed much of the country’s land from the wealthy to the peasants.
- February 24th – Flag Day
- March 18th – Nationalization of Petroleum Industry
- March 21st – Birth of Benito Juarez – Mexico’s president from 1858 to 1872.
- April 30th – Children’s Day
- May 1st – Labor Day
- May 5th – Battle of Puebla Day – Celebration of the day when Mexicans defeated an invading French army in 1862.
- May 10th – Mother’s Day
- June 20th – Father’s Day
- September 1st – Presidential State of the Union Address Day
- September 13th – Anniversary of the death of Young Heroes of Chapultepec
- September 15th – The Cry of Independence (“El Grito”) – The Cry pronounced in Dolores, a town of Guanajuato, which was the beginning of Mexican War of Independence.
- September 16th – Independence Day – Mexico’s independence from Spain on September 16th 1821.
- November 20th – Anniversary of Mexican Revolution.
- December 16th to 24th – Pre-Christmas festivities (Posadas)
- December 24th – Christmas Eve