Who We Are
Looking at the world today we may realize that much of the misapprehensions between countries and communities are due to the fact that we are ignorant of each other’s backgrounds and traditions. A clash of ignorance and not a clash of civilizations is something that divides us.
Hence, we at Globaneer aim to bridge that gap and intend on gathering different cultures of the world under this one platform, so that each one of us gets to know and understand our brethren from around the world. We wish to share the customs of different communities, their unique traditions, art, literature and architecture. The task may seem daunting but it is rewarding nonetheless and we hope that you can be a part of this grand endeavor.
We are currently focusing on collecting and sharing a library of articles, pictures and news concerning the following aspects of culture:
- Languages; including but not limited to: spoken and written, archaic and modern, various dialects, extinct languages
- Food & cuisines:
- Various customs associated with food
- preparation and style of cuisine
- food at gatherings and festivals, at family dinners, food for special occaisions, etc
- Traditions (passed within generations); such as, but not limited to, folklore, family traditions, cultural traditions, etc.
- Fine arts
- Performing arts
- Visual Arts
- Other Literary works such as novels, short stories, essays, etc
- Events & Festivals; the cultural festival and events that take place, in which people gather and share their customs and traditions, such as Christmas in different countries, or the Festival of Lights.